Sinescu

For those interested in military history and reenactment, but not fluent in Romanian; you may address us in English, Deutsch, Francais, Italiano.

Sinescu

Mesajde verdun » Joi, 28 Mai 2009 17:27

In October, a General Sinescu (possibly with first initial N) took command of the 2nd Cavalry Division. Anybody know anything about him, including his first name?
Thanks,
Rich
verdun

Re: Sinescu

Mesajde mirel » Joi, 28 Mai 2009 22:08

[size=14]The full name is Nicolae Sinescu. He is the author of the work "A History of  the usage of Romanian Cavalry in the World War 1916 until 1926( a series). I will do some more research on this subject tomorrow and I will let you know of my findings on the matter[/size]
mirel

Mesajde mirel » Vin, 29 Mai 2009 23:01

[size=12]Unfortunately, his work was divided into three volumes, of which only the first  one is left.

Data about the 2nd Cavalry Division between 27th August 1916- 31st January 1917

2nd  Cavalry Division was comprised of the following garrisons during peace time:
General Headquarters of the 2nd Cavalry Division , in Iași
The 4th Roșiori Brigade, in Tecuci
The 6th Roșiori Regiment, in Tecuci
The 11th Roșiori Regiment, in Tecuci
The 5th  Roșiori Brigade, in Bârlad[\/b]
The 2nd Roșiori Regiment, in Bârlad
The 3rd Roșiori Regiment, in Bârlad
The 6th Roșiori Brigade, in Iași
The 8th Roșiori Regiment, in Botoșani

On the 27th of August  1916, at 7.30 p.m., the 2nd Cavalry Division receives the following telegraphic order: [ch8221]General mobilization having been ordered, the first day of mobilization starts on the night of 27th-28th of August, at midnight. All Headquarters, troops and services are to open all envelops entitled Z Hypothesis. The President of the Council of Ministers and the War Minister, I.I.C. Brătianu[ch8221]

According to Z Hypothesis, 2nd Cavalry Division  was to be part of the  stronger Northern Army together with the 4th Army Body and the 14th Infantry Division. They were concentrated in the Onești area. At the start of the hostilities, the order of proceeding was the following:

Division Commander, Brigade General Basarabescu Gheorghe[\/b]

Chief of Headquarters, Major Iovanovici Anton

Commander of the 4th Roșiori Brigade, Brigade General Botea N.

Commander of the 6th Roșiori Regiment, Colonel  Rusescu Gheorghe

Commander of the 11th Roșiori Regiment, Colonel Neagu Constantin

Commander of the 5th Roșiori Brigade, Brigade General Sinescu Nicolae[\/b]

Commander of the 6th Roșiori Brigade, Brigade General Greceanu  P.

On the 10th of October 1916, General Sinescu, Commander of the 5th Roșiori Brigade, having under his command the 2nd and 3rd Roșiori Regiments, and a troop of machineguns, was operating northern from the Kezdi Vasarheiy- Lemheny railway.

On the 12th of October, General Basarabescu, Commander of the 2nd Cavalry Division was wounded in a friendly fire. He lost three fingers of his right hand, and was evacuated to Bacău. Command was taken by General Sinescu, who left for the Point of Command/Headquarters, in Oituz, to take over his new tasks. In the meantime, at the Division Headquarters, no one new about this change, therefore, General Greceanu was informed that he was still Commander of the 2nd Cavalry Division. At 1.15 p.m, General Sinescu arrives at the Division Headquarters and takes over the command.

On the 18th of December 1916, after hard battle and severe losses, the Division is ordered to go to Botoșani in order to recover their forces.
Unfortunately, it is up to this point that I could follow the evolution of this Unit. Please informe me, should you require further details regarding the activity of this Unit.

In 1926, Nicolae Sinescu is mentioned as a Division General, but also holding the Position of Inspector General of the Cavalry[/size]
mirel

Mesajde verdun » Vin, 29 Mai 2009 23:34

Thanks a lot for the information. Do you happen to know how long he remained in command of the 2nd?
Rich
verdun

Mesajde mirel » Sâm, 30 Mai 2009 18:43

[size=12]I need a few days in order to do a throrough and detailed research of the later history of this Unit and its Commander. I hope to find out soon these things, even if a great part of what has been written on the matter until 1947 is lost or was destroyed[/size]
keep in touch
mirel

Mesajde verdun » Sâm, 30 Mai 2009 21:05

Will do (keep in touch) Thanks for the effort (and if you succeed, I'll ask for the 1st Cavalry Division  ;D ).
Rich
verdun

Înapoi la International Forum