Four more guys: four more questions

For those interested in military history and reenactment, but not fluent in Romanian; you may address us in English, Deutsch, Francais, Italiano.

Four more guys: four more questions

Mesajde verdun » Vin, 05 Iun 2009 17:34

As I'm having better luck with my questions here than with anyone else, I'm going to ask about 4 more people. I hope I'm not overstaying my welcome. :-[

1. Marin Nicolescu commands 3rd Infantry Division at the outbreak of hostilities in August 1916. Can't find anything else about him. The next reference to a commander of 3rd Infantry is Alexandru Margineanu in June 1917. What happened to Nicolescu and when?

2. When in 1917 did Cihoski take command of 10th Infantry Division?

3. At 15th Division we show a Paul Angelescu (later Defense Minister) in command from May of 1917. When did he relinquish command?

4. Finally, Constantin Anastasiade commands 16th Infantry Division when the war begins (August 1916). In October the division is transfered North to the Carpatians (it had been on the Danube). There is no evidence of Anastasiade going with it (or of anyone at all commanding it). When did he give up command, when the division was disbanded in December or earlier?

Thanks again to all the people here who have assisted our project. You have done more than almost anyone in clearing up some of the biggest problems we have with the Romanian Army.
Best wishes,
Rich
verdun

Re: Four more guys: four more questions

Mesajde mirel » Dum, 02 Aug 2009 18:54

I  found a document dated 7 august 1917, where general Cihoschi apper as cheef of 10 Inf. Division
mirel

Re: Four more guys: four more questions

Mesajde verdun » Lun, 03 Aug 2009 17:00

That's a start. Thanks.
Rich
verdun

Înapoi la International Forum